We’re now in August!!! Which means I’m reviewing my goals for July and looking at my goals for August.
August has really come quickly. But I’m glad that we are now taking a break from our homeschool for the month. I’ve already taken out our new school books for September, so they’re just waiting to go! And the girls have been going through their books already (which is always great I think). That way, they would have read some of their books for school TWICE! Awesome!! I love that my kids don’t view their school books as “work” but rather as books full of interesting things to find out!
How I did in July
This is what I had on my goal list for July and how I did:
- Grow the subscribers for my blog – Yes, my list has been growing, but I know I’ve got further to go in this area. All in all, I’m happy with all the new subscribers that have joined this past month and I’m looking forward to growing more in the months to come.
- Contact venues in my local area – I did not achieve this goal. There are really no reasons. This will get done soon!
- Commit to my work schedule – This one has been a bit of a challenge, but I knew that it would be. Gigs make it difficult to get up early and focus on working. But I’ve achieved several days a week where I do knuckle down and work on the blog – just not my ideal 5 days. This is a work in progress, so I’m not beating myself up about not achieving 100% success with this one right off the bat.
- Work on monetizing my blog – this is an assignment from the course I’m doing. And at the moment, I’m still doing a lot of learning and researching about this topic, so I’m not confident yet to implement anything. It’s something I know I will work towards as the blog grows and as I become more seasoned at blogging.
- Spend one to one time with each of my daughters. I’ve spent time with one of my girls and need to get some one to one time with my other daughter.
Goals for August
Here are my goals for August!
- Continue growing my blog subscribers – this is main focus for me for the next few months.
- Continue learning about blogging – this is mainly through the EBA course I’m doing, but I also have several eBooks and short courses that I want to take (most related to social media – cause that’s like a massive jungle for me!).
- Organise all our homeschool books and supplies – yes, it’ll be ‘Back to School’ time before we know it. And although we’re using the Sonlight curriculum mostly, there are still several additional items I need to make sure we have in place before we begin in September.
- Have some family FUN!! – it’s the summer holidays! And I have my sister and her kids coming to stay with us for about 5 weeks. So I plan on doing a lot of family activities in the coming weeks.
As you may have noticed, I don’t have many goals for August. This is primarily because it’s the summer holidays and my sister will be visiting, so I don’t want to be too ambitious because I know I won’t be doing a lot of work over this month.
Come September though, I’m sure things’ll be back in full swing (complete with fully loaded To Do lists!).
Want to be more productive in your days? Download my free Daily Game Plan HERE. It’ll help you prioritise your tasks and get the important things done each day and ensure you have more successful days!
Other posts you may be interested in: