It’s the start of another month which means I’m reviewing my goals for May and looking at my goals for the upcoming month of June.
Can you believe we’re in June already! It’s officially summer and the year feels like it’s flying by! Or maybe I’m just showing my age!
How I did in May
This is what I had on my goal list for May and how I did:
- Continue working on establishing my morning routine habit. – This has been coming along quite well. I did my morning routine on 25 days in May which is a major improvement for me. I’m not waking up at regular times, but then I don’t think I ever will as a gigging musician! So some days I need to use my Plan B morning routine. And that’s fine.
- Start jogging twice a week. [Ehem] Well, I’ve jogged a total of once in the whole month of May. Pitiful, right? But I haven’t felt too bad about this because I’ve been working hard in the garden and have even lost weight! I consider garden work to be exercise in and of itself! At any rate, this is a goal I’m moving forward to June!
- Schedule time to attend some gigs. I’ve set aside some time in June to check out a couple gigs so I’m looking forward to those!
- Sew my living room curtains. Still not done. It seems that every day, this item is so low on my priority list that it never gets crossed off. I know that I’ll eventually have to delegate this item if I don’t get it done soon!
- Complete unit 3 of the EBA course. I’ve gone way above this goal and I’m currently on Unit 5. There are 12 Units in total so I’m almost halfway through. It’s been a great learning curve and I’ve been enjoying it a lot!
- Have a Zero Spending Month. I failed this completely. I spent some money on business cards and other business related items as well as over £200 on eating out due to several celebrations last month. I’d really like to try this challenge in the future, but I think I’ll need to be more strategic about when we can effectively pull this off.
Goals for June
So here are my goals for this month:
- Achieve 26 days of doing my morning routine. This is a small increase on May’s statistic, but I’m aiming for progress, not perfection here. I’m using an app called Productive which has really been keeping me on the ball with this habit. And I like the fact that it shows me my success rate for each routine item and that it has little encouraging words whenever I complete a task.
- Jog twice a week. Yes I’m bringing this goal forward!
- Complete Unit 5 of the EBA course. I’ll aim to finish another unit of the EBA course this month.
- Get a regular gig. I used to run several regular gigs around London and I’d like to start a new regular gig. So I’m planning on getting in touch with some venues about putting on live music regularly. I’m not expecting to nail down a new gig in the month of June, but just to get the ball rolling in this area.
And that’s it! Those are my goals for June. I’m looking forward to progressing this month. I feel that the increments of my improvements are getting smaller, but I think that it’s because it’s so much easier to see the progress made from zero to ten for example, than the gains made from ten to twenty. When you start off at zero, you make a huge jump. I think part of the challenge in continuing to grow and progress is the perseverance to keep moving forward, even if that’s in barely noticeable steps.